#WhateverWednesday – NaNoWriMo Approacheth
NaNoWriMo is coming sooner than I am ready for! I have too much to do!
On Saturday, I met with my Municipal Liaison (ML) for our regional NaNoWriMo group. She’s been asking for some help for a while and I had some ideas, so we met for about an hour at the library.
In the past, we’ve cited events and such that we’ve been wanting to do, but every year there’s this pattern of feverishly writing in November and then slowly dropping off in winter to be alone until next year. We keep saying we want to keep doing writing exercises and be more prepared when November comes. We keep saying we want to talk about publishing, too.
So she and I met and hammered out a schedule.
- For the last week of September, we’re going to meet with everyone who wants to know about NaNoWriMo and talk about the event.
- The first week of October, we’re going to work on the first steps of building a story. There will be character sheets, outlines, worldbuilding, NaNo veterans to talk to and share their experiences, prompts, etc. The focus will be on coming up with a solid idea that can get you through 30 days of writing it.
- The second week will be left open…the intention is that NaNos will spend it putting their idea together and making it more cohesive.
- The following week will be talking about what we came up with and focusing on what needs to be worked on to get it ready.
- The last week will be like a survival preparation. How to get through it. What to do when you get stuck. We’ll be sharing our experiences if we’ve done it before, and what common pitfalls we’ve run into.
As I told you on Monday(ish), I came up with the idea for the story I will be doing. I’m looking forward to the variety of reactions from the other NaNos.
I’m sure that Frankie and I will both have plenty to say before NaNo actually gets here. It’s a very exciting time of year.
P.S., sorry if this post seems…off? Short? I don’t know? I’m sick…my head is pounding. I’m going to head to bed now.